Grilled Bread with Zucchini, Ricotta and Basil
- 4 1/2-inch-thick slices country bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 small zucchini (about 2 pounds), thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup fresh basil, leaves torn
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh ricotta
- Heat grill to medium-high. Brush the bread with 1 tablespoon of the oil and grill until golden and crisp, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to plates.
- Grill the zucchini until tender and slightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Toss in a large bowl with the basil, red pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Top the bread with the zucchini and ricotta.