Friday, July 15, 2011

I wanted to do something....

If you know me, you know I am very passionate about animals... animals of all kinds... I think they all deserve the same care and respect as people do. I wanted to do something to make a difference, no matter how small... something that brings a smile to my face. So, I decided to sponsor an animal at this incredible place called THE GENTLE BARN. You may have heard about this wondrous place on THE ELLEN DEGENERES SHOW. I can't say enough about Ellen and her wife Portia and how much they inspire me. I was looking at their website today and noticed you could sponsor an animal. I looked through the ones looking for a sponsor and chose this adorable kitty named Freedom. Her story tugged at my heart strings... Hopefully my monthly donation will help take care of her...

Here is her picture:

Cute right?

This is Freedom's Story: Freedom was thrown out because she had a congenital birth defect; she had no eyelids. At The Gentle Barn we believe that everyone should have a chance at life and love, so we took Freedom in and paid for her reconstructive eye surgery. After months of vet visits and medication, the surgery proved successful and Freedom can now see perfectly. Freedom will need medicated eye drops and special care for the rest of her life.