Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"the luckiest" by Ben Folds....

so my girl weez got engaged, i wrote about that yesterday... well, well, well, her now fiance scott, asked her to marry him while this song was playing in the background... how freaking gorgeous are the lyrics to this song? he could not have had a more beautifully written song playing while asking her to marry him... wonderful!!!!

"the luckiest"

I don't get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
Brought me here

And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

What if I'd been born fifty years before you
In a house on a street where you lived?
Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bike
Would I know?

And in a white sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you

Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties
And one day passed away in his sleep
And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days
And passed away

I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong
That I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

If you want to hear him sing the song, you can check it out below... there isn't a video, just him singing...