Monday, September 13, 2010

Did you know?

GOOD THING I LOVE IT!!! I want to try and eat the very best I can... in between eating my favorite desserts in the world of course... but I do enjoy cabbage very much... I like it steamed and I add some butter and apple cider vinegar.. YUMMY!

"Cabbage is great for losing weight? One cup of cooked cabbage contains only 33 calories while supplying you with a wealth of health-promoting nutrients. Like its other cruciferous cousins, broccoli, kale and mustard greens, cabbage is not only an excellent source of vitamin C and dietary fiber, but also contains many unique sulfur-containing phytonutrients, such as indole-3-carbinole (I3C) and sulforaphane. I3C and sulforaphane help activate and stabilize the body's antioxidant and detoxification mechanisms. Other sulfur compounds, which are produced as a result of cutting, chewing or digesting cabbage, increase the liver's ability to produce enzymes that neutralize potentially toxic substances. Cabbage is easily available, inexpensive, and easy to prepare."